Thursday 11 September 2014

SPICY JOLLOF COUSCOUS


Hello! How are you guys? :). Today I'm putting a spin on my couscous, jollof style, I like couscous in every variation, it's quick and easy, so I can get back to my day which never really has enough hours in them.

The little princess's birthday was fabulous and the cake came out great, I'll be uploading soon! This morning I was asked by her little highness to make a case for her kindle, I feel some ribbons coming on :). Smooches and I hope you have a blessed day.

For couscous:
  • 4 green chillies
  • 4 or 3 red little peppers(atarodo)
  • half an onion
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • a tin of plum tomatoes

  • 2 cups of couscous
 
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • salt
For beef:
  • 3 large pieces cut into bits

  • a little bit of sweet corn
  • 1/4 of medium sized onions
  • some ginger(size of two cloves of ginger), 2 cloves of garlic

  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 cup of water
Directions:
  • cook beef(stewing beef) for 25 to 30mins
 
 


to begin stew:


  • fry onions in olive oil, add beef, then add chillies and tin of plum tomatoes
 
 
  • allow to reduce, stir time after time in about 15mins sauce should be ready for couscous
 
 
  • add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder, add chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Sometimes I add a little sweet corn for a sweet and sour taste.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment